Ever wished you learned how to do a Rio style samba bikini costume in Rio, with top local carnaval designers, a team of assistants and endless inspirations? Your dream just came true!! Egili Oliveira has a team of trusted designers and a community in the samba world in Rio that would love to get hand on with your creations. You will be inside a carnaval "house" for 4 days. These houses are called "barracão" which means "big tent". In Rio, the "barracão" is where the samba school costumes for the parades are made. It's an exclusive area that only those who are invited can attend or visit, specially because the hold the very secret of the samba parade: the floats, the costume, the themes of that year's parade. Usually not even photos are allowed to be taken.
So on these classes, you will learn 1st hand on how to create a simple yet luxurious passista bikini costume. You will get a one-one class with local artisans that would gladly show you their tricks of the trade that you will only learn in Rio. What frame to use, what glue, what stones, how to get the feathers properly adjusted on the headdress, how to create a costume that above all screams RIO DE JANEIRO sambista. Oh my!! What an experience!!!
What does this experience includes:
- 4 days workshop for about 2 hours a day.
- You will be making a 5 piece costume: Headpiece with rooster tail, bikini top & bottom, arm & leg bands.
- Frame work will be provided and you can choose a variety of shapes and forms.
- We will use a mixture of acrylic stones, rhinestones, multi colored stones according to your choice of Lycra color/theme you pick.
- At the end of the 4th day, depending if your costume is not ready we will have a team/staff of assistant to finish up, wrap up your costume...but ultimately you will be the designer.
- A professional photography session at the samba school/barracão with the guidance of Egili teaching you the correct samba theatrical passista pose.
- Please note that if you wish to have a back wing made or include more luxurious feathers please send us an email so we can give you a quote.
- Dates of the workshop: February 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th.
We will ship each costume from its country of origin. Please email us with you shipping address. We will send you a final payment after the costume is ready with the correct shipping price. Each receiving country might have import restrictions, pelase email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each costume is hand made exclusively to your size, quantities and style. We would prefer, on a general rule to give you the exact shipping rate AFTER the product is completed. Like this we can weight & measure the product or costume. Some costumes require a bigger shipping box. Some parts of your costume has odd size boxes (like a back wing for example, or a headdress), so we need to address that need at the shipping office. Therefore, the shipping price is given when the costume is 100% complete. We may ask you to send a separate shipping payment (we will invoice you) and NOT CHARGE upfront for shipping on your 1st costume payment. This will give you the client, the exact shipping price and not an "estimated" shipping price. In general terms we use Brazilian Post Office that can easily track the shipments on their website. If the customer prefers, we can use FedEx. Which ever way you choose to ship your product we prefer to talk to you via email and find the best solution, a less costly shipping method before we ship the product. It seems only fair on our point of view!