Goat's Beard Grass
$ 7.00 USD
Goat's beard is a name that is used in Brazil and in the carnival industry to plant called "Cyperus compressus" from the family of plant Cyperacea because it looks like a goat's beard. In Brazil it is also called "Capim Barba de Bode" or goat's beard. This annual pantropical herb is natural from Brazil. It is widely used in decoration and in costume making.
- These are sold individually however we sell a minimum of 10 "Goat's Beard" bunches of one color.
- We accept a mix and match of colors, however some colors like gold, silver and white are more expensive.
- Please note that there is a minimum order of 10 goat's beards bunches.
- Each goat's beard has a height of 65-70 cm.
- 10-13 bunches of goat's beard weights around 1 kilo. So it's based on the weight and size that we will determine the shipping price internationally to you. Each one weights around 900 grams.
Goat's beard became popular the past couple of years to differentiate from the regular feathered or artificial feathers pieces. It adds a beautiful movement and it remits luxury and opulence to your costume. It can be made in many lengths with the adequate costume making technique.
Goat's beard can also be custom made in most colors. One of the reasons most luxury costumes are lately using "goat's beard" is that it also evokes softness and romance. It does not have a sharp bold look as feathers as the strands of the goat's beard are softer and longer.
A popular look is "ombré" where we can use different tones or hues of colors in one beard. The effect is dreamy and pastel looking. The possibilities are endless!
Please note that different than most feathers, a goat's beard order is dye to match and it takes an average of 15 days to dye and dry. Most popular colors we might have in stock so please send us a message before placing an order and plan your order accordingly. Feel free to email us with any questions or projects you might have. Our designers and suppliers have much experience in this product and we can easily work with your requests.