In this group, you will be at the FLOATS #6 of the União da Ilha Samba School.
These are the main floats that help tell the story of the samba school with a theme. They are in general the big attraction of the carnival parade. Each float has a designated and limited number of costumes to be released and are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Usually if you do not mind heights, you will be just fine and have an unbelievable time samba dancing.
If you prefer the ground floor costumes, we can coordinate that as well. The difference between the ground floor and the float, is that in general the samba school will require that on floats, that you know the samba school theme songs, called "samba enredo". Also, samba schools will have you sign a release form, releasing them from any responsibility (liability) in case of an accident; after all you will be moving on a car/float, and dancing at the same time. If you abandon your float, the school will most probably loose points. So this is a position that requires dedication and responsibility. You must know the samba theme song prior to your parade. The school will be judged on that. We suggest you to listen and practice the music/lyrics before your arrival.
Below are some information about your samba school's 2017 theme:
- You will be parading at one float on the samba school on Monday, February 27th
- Parade duration is for 60 minutes.
- You must pick up your costume 7 days prior to the event at the União da Ilha Samba School headquarters located at: R. Rivadávia Corrêa, 60 - Gambôa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20220-290, Brazil
- We must have your local phone number in case you do not pick up your costume. Please send us your hotel information, contact information at the week of the parade.
- You get to keep your costumes.
- This costume has: plumes, boas, acrylic crystals, mirror crystals
- We will contact you regarding your measurements. We will also need your Brazil shoe size: https://www.brazilcarnivalshop.com/pages/what-is-my-brazil-shoe-size
We will ship each costume from its country of origin. Please email us with you shipping address. We will send you a final payment after the costume is ready with the correct shipping price. Each receiving country might have import restrictions, pelase email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each costume is hand made exclusively to your size, quantities and style. We would prefer, on a general rule to give you the exact shipping rate AFTER the product is completed. Like this we can weight & measure the product or costume. Some costumes require a bigger shipping box. Some parts of your costume has odd size boxes (like a back wing for example, or a headdress), so we need to address that need at the shipping office. Therefore, the shipping price is given when the costume is 100% complete. We may ask you to send a separate shipping payment (we will invoice you) and NOT CHARGE upfront for shipping on your 1st costume payment. This will give you the client, the exact shipping price and not an "estimated" shipping price. In general terms we use Brazilian Post Office that can easily track the shipments on their website. If the customer prefers, we can use FedEx. Which ever way you choose to ship your product we prefer to talk to you via email and find the best solution, a less costly shipping method before we ship the product. It seems only fair on our point of view!